|Job Detail||Sign In|
SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST: See Job Posting
The qualification for this position is a valid and active PA School Psychologist certification.
Must have basic computer skills to utilize both CIU-20 computer-based and web-based programs.
|Immediate Opening for School Psychologist servicing locations as assigned in the Colonial Intermediate Unit 20 servicing area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide comprehensive evaluations in the identification and development of educational services for students.
2. Conduct reevaluations of students as per standards and regulations.
3. Participate in Individualized Educational Programs.
4. Evaluate students with appropriate testing when deemed necessary.
5. Provided consultation for administrators and school staff members when indicated.
6. Conduct counseling and behavior management sessions in specific situations on individual and/or group process.
7. Participate in CIU 20 and staff meetings, conferences, in-service training and/or special sessions.
8. Recommend and utilize community resources in the facilitation of services for students.
9. Serve as member of the Crisis Intervention Team.
10. Perform appropriate clinical assessments as directed by the administrator.
11. Actively participate as a committee member as designated program committees to develop and maintain current and progressive trends in special education and psychology.
12. Appraise CIU 20 administration and supervisory personnel regarding the needs and trends for students in specific districts.
13. Coordinate services with other disciplines.
14. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committee as required.
15. Assumes responsibility for materials and equipment and facilities.
16. Responds positively to supervision and suggestions for improvement.
17. Maintain current theories and techniques in discipline content areas, as well as best practices.
CIU-20 employees interested in applying for this position must respond in writing or apply via the Applicant Portal to the department and address listed below.
Human Resources and Research Services
Colonial Intermediate Unit 20
6 Danforth Drive
Easton, PA 18045-7899 FAX (610) 515-6407
Currently employed staff members of this bargaining unit who apply within five (5) days of this posting shall be duly considered for this vacancy. Any vacancy which may be created by the filling of this vacancy shall not have to be posted. Any member of the bargaining unit interested in a possible vacancy created by the filling of this vacancy shall notify the Executive Director in writing by the deadline of this vacancy posting.
Your on-line application material will be screened and reviewed by the program administrator. Please be certain to fill out all areas as requested; do not fill in "See Resume." Record that information from your resume in the fields. Upload any attachments in a "pdf" format; do not upload Word documents.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contact by the administrator regarding an interview date and time.